RetroRoleplaying Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:31:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our new RetroRoleplaying Forum at http://www.retroroleplaying.com/forum

Home   Forum   Help Search Classifieds Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Introductions

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 8382 times)
Chris Goodwin
Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2008, 01:51:46 pm »

Welcome!

Thanks!  Cheesy

Assuming you are talking about the US Steve Jackson (as opposed to the UK Steve Jackson),

I am.

you might find the following small PDFs interesting:

Legends of the Ancient World

Legends of Time & Space

Legends of the Untamed West

All from the good folks at Dark City Games

I've seen those, but don't care for them much.  IMO they're a little less than complete.  I'm of the feeling that you should theoretically be able to play the game from a retro-clone; they seem to be treating the property as a dead game, and offering the downloads solely as sort of an excuse to sell their stuff.  I don't want to knock that, but they're also not particularly growing the player base, either. 

It seems to me that the "retro clone spirit" is one of sharing info, which has partly developed by necessity due to the reliance on the OGL.  Dark City aren't doing that at all; the incomplete downloads are free, but their adventures aren't, and one wonders if you can play the game with the free download and the (somewhat expensive) adventure.  I imagine I'm wandering off topic for the Introductions thread, though, and hereby warn myself to not let it happen again. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum