RetroRoleplaying Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:13:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our new RetroRoleplaying Forum at http://www.retroroleplaying.com/forum

Home   Forum   Help Search Classifieds Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Introductions

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 8371 times)
Sham
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 08:40:33 pm »

Hi Gang. This is David.

Happy to be here! I've been enjoying Randall's RRP blog for a little while now. Long time D&D DM here, began with Holmes almost 30 years ago, and quickly moved to AD&D. Played using those 1e books for decades. Played a TON of games in the 80's...Gamma World, Champions, Call of Cthulhu, Top Secret, Car Wars, just to name a handful, but always came back to my heavily home brewed D&D campaigns. Earlier this year I discovered that I wasn't the only gamer who never made the transition into 2e D&D, and after checking out Labyrinth Lord, I decided to go to the source, and made the plunge into 1974's Original D&D. I haven't stopped home brewing and house ruling. I have managed over the past few months to contact all of my old gaming crew from the 80's, and we have out first reunited session scheduled for the end of June. I'll be gauging their enjoyment of OD&D, and if that fails, I'll make a few changes and call it "AD&D".

I'm a huge fan of 1e, and when I "think of D&D", I think of those three hard covers by Gygax. After I read the original version finally, though, I realized it had everything I needed for my heavily home brewed appraoch, and I've just been having a blast fleshing those rules out to suit my campaign.

I think Holmes, Moldvay B/X, 1e, and the BECMI (RC) stuff is all great, though.

Lately I've really had the urge to write Gamma World stuff, but I have so many D&D related projects going already that I haven't branched out into GW...yet.

Anyway, I've a lot of catching up to do as I'm fairly late to the forum here.

Cheers!

Sham aka David
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum