RetroRoleplaying Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:07:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our new RetroRoleplaying Forum at http://www.retroroleplaying.com/forum

Home   Forum   Help Search Classifieds Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mongoose Provides OGLed Traveller SRD

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mongoose Provides OGLed Traveller SRD  (Read 5529 times)
randalls
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2008, 10:00:49 pm »

I just posted the following on the RR Blog:

While WOTC may wish the OGL would just wither and die, that does not look very likely. In fact, Mongoose has just released the Traveller SRD under the OGL. The SRD looks fairly complete. The major missing items are careers (one sample career is included) and the classic Traveller aliens. As careers are easy to write up and cloning the classic aliens is easy (as they were clones of standard pulp SF aliens), I expect someone will have a retro-clone of Classic Traveller out in the relatively near future.

From a very quick skim through of the Traveller SRD, it looks like there is more than enough there to work with. While I'm not a big fan of some of the things Mongoose looks like they are doing with/to Traveller, they have given us a OGL SRD for the most popular SF RPG of all time.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Greyharp
Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 05:43:43 pm »

Well their website beat me. I kept clicking the links to try and find the downloads and it kept sending me in circles back to where I started from. They may be offering some freebies, but it seems like they don't want to give them away too easily.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Chris Goodwin
Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 12:36:19 am »

Try here and go to the very bottom of the page.  There's links to all of their free Traveller material, including the Traveller Developer's Pack (the SRD).
Report Spam   Logged
Greyharp
Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 05:06:11 am »

Thanks for that Chris, I made the mistake of trying the Developer's Pack link higher up on the same page. Thanks too Randall for bringing this to our attention.   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
randalls
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 06:42:45 am »

Well their website beat me. I kept clicking the links to try and find the downloads and it kept sending me in circles back to where I started from. They may be offering some freebies, but it seems like they don't want to give them away too easily.  Sad

There web site can give anyone the run around. I'm not sure who designed the Mongoose site, but I'm not all that impressed.  Then again, it beat WOTC or Microsoft hands down.

I'm glad Chris was about to point you to it as it took me five minutes to find it again when I looked this morning.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum